- 6 Axis Robotic Arm: AMCL uses two state of art ABB 6 axis robotic arm in the WAAM operations. Having six degrees of freedom allows the robot to reach any point in the working space at any angle.
- Integrated System: The AMCL WAAM integrated system is a state the art additive subtractive manufacturing system. The system is composed of two 6-axis robotic arms in addition to a workpiece positioner that are able to communicate together in order to build complex parts with exceptional dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
Each robot at AMCL serves a different function. The first robot adds material to the work piece to produce the rough structure of the final product. The second robot subtracts materials from the workpiece to generate the final product's dimensions and get a clean surface finish.
- Subtractive Robot: Similar to the additive robotic arm, the subtractive robots is able to achieve a wide range of motion and is used to achieve the final dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
- ACT SPARK Wire EDM Machine: Wire EDM (Electric Discharge Machining) is a machining technique that allows a thin strand of metal wire to cut through metal. The electro thermal production process is extremely useful in removing extra material from the finished workpiece and having a good surface finish.
- EQUIPTOP 3 Axis CNC Machine: 3 axis machining fixes the workpiece in place while a cutting tool operate along the XYZ planes to trim away material. The EQUIPTOP machine allows tools to change automatically which saves on time and increases productivity.
- EQUIPTOP Grinding Machine: Grinding machines use abrasive surfaces to cute small chips from the workpiece surface via shear deformation. The resulting surface is flat with an excellent surface finish.
- Carbolite Furnace: Carbolite Gero is an industry leader in manufacturing high temperature furnaces. This furnace is able to achieve temperatures up to 3000C.
- WEEB Vacuum Furnace: RD WEBB is an industry leader in manufacturing high temperature furnaces. This furnace is able to achieve temperatures up to 3000C.